Visit Prom Country in beautiful South Gippsland
Where is Prom Country?
Prom Country is a name given to an area in South Gippsland, south east of Melbourne in Victoria. Main roads from Meeniyan, Fish Creek, Inverloch and Foster all lead to Wilsons Promontory National Park which is the most southern tip of Australia.
South Gippsland consists mainly of dairy and beef farms, with a major milk factory in Leongatha and cattle sale yards in Koonwarra. Our beaches are pristine with a Surf Life Saving Club at Sandy Point. Whatever holiday makers might wish for, you are sure to find it in God’s Own Country (as the locals quote)
We offer the tourist multiple choices to make their holiday experience a memorable one. Choices are huge:
- local bush walking tracks and those at Tarra/Bulga National Park
- art galleries in Fish Creek, Sandy Point and surround districts
- restaurants/eating places.
- beaches being Waratah Bay and Sandy Point or Bear Gully
- rail trail which takes you from Foster to Leongatha
- Wilsons Promontory National Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- unique fishing villages at Port Franklin, Port Welshpool and Port Albert
If one is intending to spend their special holiday for a week or so in our beautiful Prom Country, meet the locals by attending the various meetings/walks/whatever your interest which would be a phone call away. Check out Networking page within this website for more details
South Gippsland Shire Council is our local municipality and encompasses an area from Hedley to the East, Nyora to the West with Mirboo North and Poowong to the north.